[CF-Devel] Code documentation? Warnings cleaning?

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Nov 16 17:21:16 CST 2003

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Well, I was thinking of doing in parallel documentation & warning

      cleaning. Like, fixing a few warnings in a function, if it has some

      comments at top make'em doxygen comments, else write a few lines (i

      guess documenting in this format isn't bad?).

      This way it'll be done small portion by small portion.

  Seems to be Ok.  I've only briefly looked at doxygen, and their suggested
commenting style - I don't see anything terribly wrong with it, but at the same
time, be aware that I wouldn't expect (nor require) that style to be followed by
everyone.  Eg, I'll personally just continue to do comments in the form I'm used to.

      I can mail you privately the full (or partial) warning compilation log.

      Or I could post it on the messageboard, or somewhere on the wiki?

  You can mail it to me - that is fine.

      This is something I plan on testing. Knoppix is there to lemme boot into

      Linux fast & make sure it compiles there too :)

      But yes, I will have to take much care.

  Everyone should also be aware that sourceforge offers a compile farm for its
developers, so even if you don't have linux/whatever access, you can use the
compile farm to test compliance.  Only problem is that you then need to get your
changes there somehow.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com