[CF-Devel] Sea access to Navar now open.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Nov 24 01:56:51 CST 2003

While I'm trying to commit this change (sourceforge seems a little
recalcitrant at the moment) I might as well tell you lot about it.  I have
actually mentioned it before.

It worried me that there is a port in Navar with lots of ships that will take
you to other places via the sea, yet there is no actual sea access for Navar.
The port is on that really big bay, but the bay is completely enclosed by
land.  Thus the ships must be dragged over land to get there.

While there is historical precedent for dragging medium sized ships over land,
I though it best if I just opened up a sea passage.  Otherwise it would be
too easy to keep the pirates out.  And we all know that Navar needs it's
pirates.  In fact, to better support the pirates, we may need to open up a
second passage to the sea, but I only did the one.  A second passage will
make an island out of the land between the two passages.

I changed one tile from land to sea in world_126_116 to fix this little
problem.  I looked around to see if anybody else was building anything in
that area, and it looks pristine.  I hope that there is nothing that requires
walking over that land tile, as now people will have to go the long way
around.

Damn, I'm still getting timeouts from SF, even though I wasted a lot of time
writing more than I needed to in this email B-).  So I guess you guys will
see it whenever SF gets around to letting me commit.  If that isn't this
evening, it may have to wait a while.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com