[CF-Devel] Apply bug

Thu Oct 9 02:21:39 CDT 2003

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Hi everyone.

      There is a bug (or weird thing) with the handling of the 'apply'

      argument. Or maybe that's the standard behaviour, who knows ^_^;;;

      Let's say i issue 'apply hag'. If i have haggise(s) in inventory, no

      trouble, it'll eat'em correctly. But if i don't have any, well, it'll

      open a container, wear/unwear bracers, to sum up some random thing

      depending on the stacked items in inventory.

  I tried that, and didn't get that problem.  I recall that was fixed sometime
recently.

      Also if i 'apply bread' and have both 'bread' and 'waybread' in

      inventory, i except it to apply the 'bread', since it matches more

      precisely than 'waybread'. But the server will pick one of'em depending

      on the stack order, too....

  That is now fixed in CVS (server).  Problem was matching logic - we'd give a
relatively low match quality if the passed name matched the unadorned object
name.  But we checked for that match before checking to see if we'd match on the
adorned object name, so we'd return low match quality number even though it
could do a good match.

  I've changed the function so we try for the highest quality matches first, and
it now works as expected.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com