[CF-Devel] Common/loader.[lc] bug, player file corruption ahead

Sun Oct 12 03:44:48 CDT 2003

Morning.

Katia helped me trace the cause of the weird bug on crossfire.metalforge.net

Here are some weird things, in loader.c (so in .l):
* line 5594:
     FAST_SAVE_LONG(fastbuf,"subtype ",op->subtype,2);
                                                  ^^^
should be 8, obviously. And that, i think, may break things later on.

* line 5550:
     sprintf(buf2,"%lld\n", op->stats.exp);
the \n shouldn't be there, i think, adds newline in file (not major issue
though, prolly)

* line 5555: same thing

The most serious is the first thing, I correct it right away in CVS.
I fix loader.l & loader.c (i fix manually the .c, assuming it's uptodate with .l).
(flame me if i shouldn't have)

Side note: the addexp dm command adds overall exp, but not to readied skill...

Nicolas 'Ryo'

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com