[CF-Devel] newbie world

Wed Oct 15 04:29:23 CDT 2003

some discussion have already been done on irc and forums on 'do we have to
create a newbie world'. I'll don't say against everythinh here, (look at

     http://www.metalforge.net/cfmb/viewtopic.php?t=173

      for details) am just
sending the url of 2 map files

First is a newbie house, which could be an interresting starting point
(instead of scorn) with some tutorials on the basics of crossfire (aplying
objects, keybindings, what is food, beds to reality, how to fight, traps,
aso.) players can't get out of house it they don't, at least, know how to
apply a lever and say a magic word.

     http://users.skynet.be/tchize/crossfire/maps/newbieshouse

Please note for now you have to access it as a dm and the exit oakdoor are not
yet linked.

The second is the more general 'newbies world' in early stage.

     http://users.skynet.be/tchize/crossfire/maps/newbies.tar.bz2

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com