[CF-Devel] On teleportation

Wed Oct 22 12:13:55 CDT 2003

OK  I couldn't resist submitting this idea.  Has anyone read the "Chronicles
of Amber"?

For those who haven't.  The characters in the book have playing cards with
pictures of their brothers and sisters on them.  They can use the card of the
person they want to contact to talk to the person, or (More interestingly)
teleport to the other person (The other person pulls them through).

Crossfire could do something similar.  It doesn't have to be playing cards.
(it could be a ring with the players name etched in it, or anything of the
sort).  A special shop could be set up where a player can take an acceptable
item, and pay (fairly expensive) to have a magic portrate painted on it or
magic name etched (A high level spell/alchemy may be acceptable also).  The
player could then give the item to anybody they want.  The person would apply
the item to teleport to the other person (Note the item should somehow be
limited: one use an hour/day, charges, magic mana required,  a couple rounds
with both characters consentrating to complete the teleport, etc)

Also on another note, getting around the big world map shouldn't be too easy.
How can I have an epic adventure if I can be anywhere in the world in short
time?

Just thought I would mention it.
Adam

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com