[CF-Devel] Bargaining skill not working?

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Oct 26 01:03:01 CDT 2003

Jochen Suckfuell wrote:

      Hi!

      As I understood the bargaining skill, you should get the best prices, as if

      you had maximum charisma. Now my character has charisma 11 and the bargaining

      skill. But I still see that I get a better price when I wear my ring cha+1,

      and there is no change if I have readied the bargaining skill or not (which

      wasn't necessary in the past).

      So how is the bargaining skill supposed to work, and does it work at all now?

  Bargaining skill gives you a bonus to your charisma.

  The bonus is (player level + 2) / 3.  So at low levels, it doesn't give you
much a bonus.

  However, looking at the code, I notice that it uses find_skill_by_name, which
was broken with respect to the new skill code (only in a few areas was that code
used - the climbing/woodman also used).

  I'll fix up that function, so bargaining should at least work.  But the
charisma bonus varies - if you're level 10, you're only going to get a 4 point
boost.

  Realistic, the bonus should be related to the skill level, and not player
level.  But to do that, some way to get exp in bargaining is needed.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com