[CF-Devel] Experience bug, continued

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Oct 26 22:05:23 CST 2003

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Then the result is probably that you'll have experience in the 'wrong'

      skill...

      What can happen, too, is that you drop your talisman of sorcery, thus

      your skill changes to 'nothing', and kill_object will complain BUT use

      an invalid (uninitialized) skill name...

      I would guess copying the 'skill' field in 'poison_player' fixes some

      things. Will require some testing, though.

  Yep.  I'll commit a fix shortly.

  There are really a few bugs I've fixed here:
1) posion player not setting skill correctly.
2) kill_object not looking closely at the 'skill' object it has gotten - it
would use a skill tool object for the actual skill, which isn't correct.  I've
fixed it so that if we have a skill name but the skill object isn't a skill, go
and find the real skill object.
3) calc_skill_exp doing a divide by zero if the passed skill wasn't actually a
skill (that is really what resulted in the gain of all the levels)..

  I've fixed all three.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com