[CF-Devel] Patch submission: plugin fixes for Win32

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Oct 26 22:37:47 CST 2003

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Hello.

      I finally took the time to fix Python plugin under Windows.

      Basically, I had to wrap fix_player, free and free_object in hooks.

      Windows doesn't like if you free memory allocated by the server in the

      plugin dll, and vice-versa, thus free and free_object wrappers.

      And fix_player uses variables from the server, not initialized in the

      plugin DLL (so you find yourself with divide by zero and such...)

      I'll commit in 1 or 2 weeks if no one objects :)

  I don't see any big issues.  But I almost wonder if it would just be easier to
link in the plugin at compile time to fix those problems.

  One request I do have with your changes:  Please do whatever is necessary so
that unix style inbreaks (^j) are used, at the ^M's do not remain embedded in
the commited code.

  Thanks.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com