[CF-Devel] New skill behaviour: 'old' is better!

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Oct 26 23:37:04 CST 2003

Preston Crow wrote:

      While we're at it, I would really like to have some way to use a skill

      once without changing the range attack.  I don't know if use_skill

      should be changed to not adjust the range attack (only ready_skill).  If

      there's good reason not to have use_skill work that way, then there

      should be a use_skill_once command (or something like that).

  The new code already does this.

  You can search all you want, for example, and it doesn't change your
range_skill.  Likewise, if you do any of the use_skill with the item
identification ones.

  This was much more a problem in the old system, where it needed the range
value to be set so it could properly award exp.

      Oh, and I think invoke now does change the readied skill to be praying

      or wizardry with the old skill system, as well, so this may not be

      related to the change.

  What he was talking about was the skill itself. Eg, do a 'cast bless'.  Do a
'invoke fireball'.  If you cycle through your ranges, the ready spell would be
fireball, where you really want it to be bless.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com