[CF-Devel] Java editor and elevation.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Oct 27 20:33:09 CST 2003

First of all, is the Java editor supposed to be in the sourceforge CVS like
everything else?  If not, where is it supposed to be?  Can I make changes to
it?  (BTW, I am an excellent Java coder.)

Does the latest Java editor keep track of elevations properly now?

I have tweaked my large forest script to make the forest a little smaller, and
to use a slightly different set of arches (treed_hills is new, and
appropriate).  The result looks good, except for the sparse fern arches,
which need some grass under them.  There are a few other manual edits I want
to do before I commit the large forest, but my current version of the Java
editor knows nothing about elevation and it is painfull.

The new large forest doesn't encroach on the ring mountain or the roads to the
west and south of the forest.  The road through the north end of the large
forest goes through forest maps anyway (Dark forest is there), and those maps
are unchanged.

While testing, I noticed that the smoothing code overlays on top of the player
sometimes.  I'll investigate further and get back to you.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com