[CF-Devel] Large forest in big world.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Oct 29 19:09:24 CST 2003

I have just committed my large forest changes to the big world maps.
Suggestions for a proper name are welcome B-).

Compared to the graphic I posted earlier, this is a little bit smaller, leaves
room near the Brest ring mountains for further expansion as requested, and
uses a different set of arches from the last lot (tweaked a bit due to new
arches available).  It is also not quite as dark as the previous version.
Elevations have not changed except in the few cases where I screwed up during
manual cleanup.  While my ice castle maps are destined for a spot in the
forest, they are not included yet (many changes yet to do), nor is the entry
point added yet.

All comments are welcome.

Do we have a method for parts of the big world to be more or less allocated to
map developers?  For instance, the guy that added the ring mountain would
probably get upset if someone added an easy route through them.  I would like
to grab the north end of the large forest, south of the road from Scorn to
Navar, and develop it further.  The south end is for those that mentioned
they would like to develop things in a large forest.

Basically, I want the north end to be elven managed forest, full of elves and
related creatures.  Worshipers of Lythander are welcome, most others are
tolerated.

Any objections if I moved the Dark forest to the other side of the road?  The
Dragon Lord city is fine where it is, they have a history with the elf
prince, and I will be linking it into a part of the elf forest at some stage
(when I get it all working).  As far as I am aware, no other maps are
affected.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com