[CF-Devel] trap patch

Mon Sep 1 22:05:39 CDT 2003

I made a patch for RUNES and traps which make a finer distinction
between the two and allows traps to have a connect field for triggering
things (like fireballs or pits or magic mouths or whatever)

I made a new type: TRAP 155 and added a simple check so if the trap is
detonated and is a connected object it will trigger the connected
object.  In splitting traps from Runes more I also made traps (not
Runes) not effected by dispel or counterspell and not more visible by
detect magic.  Basically this makes find and remove traps a bit more
important.  I wanted to make more seperation betwwen the magical and non
magical traps so traps would be more mechanical and traplike (you
trigger a bunch of lightning bolts or a monster cage opening) and Runes
would be more magical (set spell and direction).
There are some places where I copied out some case statements and stuff
because these two objects may diverge even more in the future (If I can
help it anyway...)

I also made the appropriate changes to the java editor and the arches
(changed the type for existing traps, made a trap.arc and a icon) so if
this is acceptable I will update these.