[CF-Devel] new generator code

Thu Sep 4 23:52:59 CDT 2003

tchize wrote:

      Cause, simply, someone may already have created a mouse with pearls in it's

      inventory or a key but mice are generators. I don't want on such map people

      asking 'why does my mouse drop pearls now and don't duplicate itself?'

      I dunno if self-duplicating monster with randomitems in their inventory exists

      in arch or maps, but they would make sense, while stilling using the

      other_arch field (inventory way does not allow infinit list of generations

      unlike other_Arch way). So i implemented this the way which wouldn't have

      broke the existing.

  Ok.  I had forgot about the monsters that are also generators.

      sorry, simply seems all developpers are using differents characterisitcs for

      their 'tab' key, which most of time render code unreadable cause there is a

      mix of tabs and whitespace.

      Most of the time when modifying a function, i redo tab indentation with <tab>

      indentation. Sorry for convenience, won't do i again.

  I don't mind fixing tab in a function you are working on. I do it all the
time.  But there were several instances where whitespace changed in functions
which you did not modify, and that creates unnecessary merge headaches, as the
code sees some line different, and decides there is something in needs to update
in that area.  For functions you are working on, if it happens I've changed the
same function, I'd almost certainly need to manually merge it also.  So fixing
whitespace in functions you modify is OK, fixing whitespace in areas you're not
touching is a problem.

      Did i fail to notice it? I always check for gcc warning. Seems this one was

      hidding somewhere between two compilation lines.

  I use 'makse -s' now days, simply because with the new automake stuff, the
make lines are very verbose.

  But there are also some number of 'unused' variable warnings in some functions
related to the smoothing code also I believe.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com