[CF-Devel] client code

Wed Sep 10 09:09:41 CDT 2003

I've been looking at the client code, and it looks like there's some old
cruft in there, but I thought I should ask here before removing it, in case
there's some reason for it.

In common/client.h, the Player_Struct has several unused fields: name,
password, and shoottype.

In gtk/gx11.c (and in other client versions), there are two file descriptor
sets defined, but tmp_exceptions is never used.

In gtk/gx11.c at the end of set_window_pos(), there should be a fclose(fp).
[Under Linux, you can look in /proc/{pid}/fd and see that the file is left
open.]

I'll check in all those changes unless someone says that I shouldn't.

More complicated issues:

Most commands are sent with the send_command() function.  There are two
exceptions: toggle_locked() and mark_obj() in item.c.  I don't see a good
way of changing this at this point (i.e., without tweaking the protocol),
but it feels wrong.  Any ideas?

There seems to be redundant information on the run/fire state.  This is in
cpl.fire_on and cpl.run_on, as well as cpl.stats.flags.

--PC

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com