[CF-Devel] random door styles

Sat Sep 20 21:34:48 CDT 2003

I made a change in random_styles/door.c to allow for some special random
doors like rocks or shrubs spiderwebs you can chop away at.
I did this for some sylvan maps I was playing with, but it could be
useful otherwise as well I think.  Rather than having weird doors
showing up in old random maps I made it so that these have to be
specified in the message field as 'doorstyle special/x' where x is the
style.  If 'special' is not specified the normal doors will be used.

The next step I think is to do some things to doors to make them a bit
more interesting - like have a flag for turning off the traps, a level
for lockpicking attempts.

I did notice a weird glitch when 'doorstyle special' is used (to get a
random map from the special directory) it does correctly look for a
random map in special (shows as loading a random map in the log anyway)
but the doors arent actually put on the map all the time...?