[CF-Devel] attach.h question

Mon Sep 22 23:25:58 CDT 2003

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      There's a weird thing in the code, in attack.h:

         #define num_resist_table 21

      Except there are only 20 attack types as defined by resist_table...

      And that's an issue, at least under Windows, because in

      common/treasure.c there is

         resist=RANDOM() % num_resist_table;

      followed by

             while (op->resist[resist_table[resist]]!=0 && b<4) {

      So 'resist' can be 20, on the other hand resist_table (in attack.h) has

      only 20 elements.

      And that crashes (assertion failure you can ignore, but still) straight

      under Windows, randomly.

      Sounds to me there's a mistake here :)

  Fixed in CVS.  I broke this because I was originally adding two new attack
types as part of the spell/skill stuff, but only added one and forgot to remove
that entry.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com