[CF-Devel] 'type', stuff like that

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Apr 6 16:22:03 CDT 2004

I was thinking of tweaking server code to be able to write 'type KEY' in
archetypes, to make it easier to remember stuff (could be expanded to other
things, too).

But then I found another idea: instead of tweaking the server code, what about
changing the 'collect.pl' script to do the substitution when collecting archs?
Instead of dumbly merging files, it could substitute 'type KEY' to 'type
whatever the value>'.
This could be expanded to other types, hard to remember without checking code.

Only thing I see is, editor collects archs too, my idea would require tweaking
it too, probably...

Comments?

Nicolas

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com