[CF-Devel] lost ring

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Apr 12 12:57:26 CDT 2004

hi,
I found something about this wrong merging rings problem, but i dont know how to
fix it, so i drop it here for those who know the code better.

i was playing with a pile of rings of pow+2 and another of int+2 and it happened
once and again, that no matter what the order was, the rings would always merge
together into ones of the same kind, so i went to look at the CAN_MERGE function
and found out that it only checks for the type of the rings, which as you can
see below are exactly the same in this case. No wonder that it will keep
merging. I just dont know what is wrong, is it the item type?, is it that the
CAN_MERGE should check for other things also to compare the items?

well... here are the items dumped:

arch ring
name ring
name_pl rings
face ring.116
animation ring
is_animated 0
Pow 2
x 13
y 5
nrof 5
type 70
material 2
materialname iron
value 2000
weight 20
client_type 391
item_power 1
identified 1
been_applied 1
body_finger -1
end

arch ring
name ring
name_pl rings
face ring.114
animation ring
is_animated 0
Int 2
x 13
y 6
nrof 7
type 70
material 2
materialname iron
value 2000
weight 20
client_type 391
item_power 1
identified 1
been_applied 1
body_finger -1
end

hope someone know how to handle it, cause this could also be happening to other
items, but i couldnt tellfor sure. At least now I can explain myself why so many
times players said to have lost some ring and we blamed them about them
dropping it "accidentally" :/ *shrugs*

--

      Karla  Mª  Stenger  Sábat   |

      Pando . Canelones . Uruguay |