[CF-Devel] Handbook & spoilers guide

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Aug 18 02:22:42 CDT 2004

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Hello.

      Website isn't uptodate on a few things, so Leaf & I are wondering how to

      update it.

      It seems the 'doc' folder contains scripts to extract much information

      from the archetypes & such files, but they seem quite old.

      Has anyone tried'em lately?

  Yep - tried the html spoiler and playbook just now, seem to work fine.

  I remember I did some work on them not too long back to make sure they still
work.  I think the postscript ones are perhaps less well supported.

  Is there anything in particular that is otherwise missing?  I believe it is
only the spoiler and playbook which are generated automatically - everything
else is just a basic text file.

  Note that you require all the right bits to make the documents - for the html
ones, I think it is only really the netpbm package.  For the postscript ones,
you need latex, but it's more a pain because you have to update a global tex
configuration file someplace to increase the memory limit (or maybe they changed
it so that you can pass in a value now - can't remember).

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com