[CF-Devel] Windows regular snapshot releases

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Aug 30 01:39:12 CDT 2004

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Hello.

      Unless someone objects really loudly & with good arguments, I plan on

      doing regular Windows client/server releases :)

      Named snapshot-<date>, or something like that.

      The rationale is that, under Windows, it's harder to compile than other

      platforms like linux - need the tools, and such, and not everyone knows

      how to do it

      (it's harder'an 'cvs update && make clean && make && make install ;p gtk

      for one is a real pain)

      And of course it isn't nice to wait some months between official

      releases...

  I see no problem with that.

  I agree that official releases should be done more often, but it seems to
always take more time than I have available to do it (maybe it is more the issue
that it just nevers seems like that high a priority issue to me.  Not an excuse,
but probably why I don't get around to making official releases as often as I should

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com