[CF-Devel] repelled spell paths, working too well?

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat Dec 4 12:20:50 CST 2004

     From what I know about how crossfire works there are two functions

     that it uses to deal with attunements.  Here are some comments from
the code in server/spell_util.c , hope that will provide some insight.

/*
 * This function takes a caster and spell and presents the
 * effective level the caster needs to be to cast the spell.
 * basically, it just adjusts the spell->level with attuned/repelled
 * spellpaths.  Was called path_level_mod
 *
 * caster is person casting hte spell.
 * spell is the spell object.
 * Returns modified level.
 */
int min_casting_level(object *caster, object *spell)

and

/* This function returns the effective level the spell
 * is being cast at.
 * Note that I changed the repelled/attuned bonus to 2 from 5.
 * This is because the new code compares casting_level against
 * min_caster_level, so the difference is effectively 4
 */

int caster_level(object *caster, object *spell)

So based on this I think you need to be 4 levels higher if you are
denied a spell path and once you are able to cast that spell it will
be cast at a lower level. Intresting thing is whether or not one is
able to cast spells earlier(at a lower level then usual) if they are
attuned to a path. I have not actually done any testing on this.

Salathar

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com