[CF-Devel] Unused fields in structures

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri Feb 13 01:31:48 CST 2004

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Some fields in structures are not used anywhere in the server code:

      in object (include/object.h):

       * thrownthaco

  That looks like it could go.

       * tooltype is used only by command_build() (c_object.c), which is not

      used afaik (and code is between #if 0) and loader.l/.c

  I'm less certain on that one - I'm not sure if the code is disabled because
more tweaking is needed to enable it and have it balanced, or if its disabled
because it should be removed at some point.  I'm pretty sure it is the former.

      in player (include/player.h):

      * new_x

      * new_y

      * known_spell is just set in apply_special, but used nowhere else

  Yeah, those don't look like they are needed.

      in weathermap_t (include/maps.h):

      * path (char [HUGE_BUF] !!)

      * tmpname

      * name

  Not that familar with the weather stuff, but yeah, if not used, those could go.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com