[CF-Devel] Suggestion: map flag for town portal

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Feb 24 16:06:38 CST 2004

      Le Lundi 23 Février 2004 02:20, Bernd Edler a écrit :

      > On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, tchize wrote:

      > > prevent portals pair creation if map has been reset (best imo)

      > This is best imo too.

      > I suggest:

      > On first part of TP we do not only "memorize" location in player

      > variables,

      > we also create an (visible) object "playername's portal marker" on the

      > map.

      > Possible gfx:

      > 1. TP with black center

      > 2. smaller TP

      > 3. transparent TP

      > On casting the second TP, we can check if this marker still exists.

      > It will vanish always on map reset.

      > As a bonus, the player can see if the casting of TP was successful

      > without reading log.

      > Bernd Edler

      Though this mean creating a portal is like building 2 doors and then a tunnel,

      while current behaviour is more to create a tunnel which end up having two

      exits. I like this idea. Simple to implement. Can be used to chack map reset

      easily.

      So i agree with you way.

I like this too, looks like maps like guilds could still be reachable even if
you casted the first part of the spell long time ago to "go back home" since the
permanent tiles wouldnt reset the items on it, right?

Katia.
--

      Karla  Mª  Stenger  Sábat   |

      Pando . Canelones . Uruguay |