[CF-Devel] skills bug

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Feb 24 16:33:41 CST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, ERACC wrote:

      Further, I tried to help another player, Omoikane on

      cf.mf.net, level up summoning, he DOES have that skill, and he never

      got any exp in summoning although MY summoning skill was clicking

      right up.

Just to make sure..

You both were in the same party? ('partywho)

You both were in the same general area during the time you were gaining
experience?

      Unless that is now fixed then why ever join a party, other

      than just because it is there, when I can level up what I *need* on

      my own?

As an example: while Player A is regenerating spell points, Player B is
toasting monsters with burning hands until Player B runs out of Spell
Points.  Player B sits back, while Player A burns monsters.  During this
whole time, each player is gaining experience in the relevant skill.

Sure, each player could work seperately on this - but it probably won't be
as fast or efficient as working in a party.

- Rick

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com