[CF-Devel] artifact list error

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Feb 29 18:30:36 CST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 04:28, Bernd Edler wrote:

      On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Todd Mitchell wrote:

      > A recently added some items to the artifact file and now am seeing an

      > error in the server when it loads the artifacts.  I think that I am

      > running out of space in a variable or somehting since the errors in

      > question seem to be the ends of Allowed lists and the same number of

      > characters I just added.

      > for example I added rapier to this list

      > Allowed

      > dagger,light_sword,shortsword,shortsword_2,taifu_1,trident,axe,axe_2,axe_3,axe_4,axe_5,battle_axe,poleaxe,morningstar,large_morningstar,hammer,mace,mace_2,lspear,spear,sword,sword_2,sword_3,sabre,rapier,scimitar,katana_1,falchion,broadsword,broadsword_2

      > now I see "unknown input in artifact file: word_2"

      > compiled on linux, CVS as of feb 29th.

      Well, as these lines are getting longer then 255, you need to change

      size of the buffer:

      RCS file: /cvsroot/crossfire/crossfire/common/treasure.c,v

      retrieving revision 1.45

      diff -r1.45 treasure.c

      1162c1162

      <     char filename[MAX_BUF], buf[MAX_BUF], *cp, *next;

      ---

      >     char filename[MAX_BUF], buf[HUGE_BUF], *cp, *next;

      1178c1178

      <     while (fgets(buf, MAX_BUF, fp)!=NULL) {

      ---

      >     while (fgets(buf, HUGE_BUF, fp)!=NULL) {

That works, thanks.
Is this going to be a problem to increase that - there are few places
where it might be needed and arguably it isn't needed (just allow less
items per artifact entry)?
If not I can commit the change.

      The parser also does not like leading whitespace in comment lines:

Fixed that.

      It also semms that you made the changes in the arch directory tree,

      but not in the files in crossfire/lib:

      Unable to find animation witch_water

      Couldn't find treasurelist Ixalovh

      Failed to link treasure to arch (Ixalovh): Ixalovh

Yes I have not committed a new collection in CVS because my arches are
so marked up right now (still testing the animating and reintegrating on
some multipart images).  I had some more changes to the arches to commit
before making a new collection.

      While after running collect:

      Couldn't find archetype ability_dragonbreath

      Treasure lacks archetype: ability_dragonbreath

      Couldn't find archetype ability_dragonbreath

      Treasure lacks archetype: ability_dragonbreath

      Treasurelist dragon has element with no name or archetype

      Treasurelist Cwyvern has element with no name or archetype

      Here the arch file seems to be missing.

      This can be fixed easily.

      Bernd Edler

Actually I think this one isn't mine - I can't find that arch either.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com