[CF-Devel] Large forest in big world.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Jan 12 03:51:32 CST 2004

I have been thinking about this for a while, which is why it has taken me so
long to reply,

On Tuesday 11 November 2003 04:26, Todd Mitchell wrote:

      > Basically, I want the north end to be elven managed forest, full of elves

      > and related creatures.  Worshipers of Lythander are welcome, most others

      > are tolerated.

      > The Dragon Lord city is fine where it is, they have a history with the

      > elf prince, and I will be linking it into a part of the elf forest at

      > some stage (when I get it all working).  As far as I am aware, no other

      > maps are affected.

      We should discuss this - I have been plugging slowly away at some elf

      works and if you have a grand master plan then I don't want to step on

      your toes.  I have been fooling around with the area northeast of the

      big forest you added (I added more trees there and some rivers and stuff

      a while ago).

I don't really have a grand master plan, except for areas close to the
prince's castle.  The rest was just a vague "elven managed forest" in the
Large Forest, you can handle that.

      I had planned on making a elf city one day but hidden and only

      accessable via random maps and secret ways in the forest (also connected

      to some different forests via the 'green way' or some such).  I have no

      problem with your elf prince ideas but I could see some conflict if

      things got too grand.  What I have done is made some random map styles

      for this and a dark forest arch which would represent 'old forest' -

      gateways to the 'green way'.  These spots of dark forest are mostly

      chaotic wildlands but some paths lead to other areas and some paths lead

      to the elvish city of Nimlotha (the city of the twilight).  Since this

      takes me a loooong time to do I don't want to hobble your development

      but I also don't want to come in one day and see that whole forest

      ringed with inventory checkers and keep out signs...

Sounds like we should combine our efforts.  What may be a major problem is the
location though.  You have been working to the northeast of where I wanted
the elven lands to go.  The castle has to be located close to the Dragon Lord
City, as it has an underground area that joins it.  The area between the
three lakes (world_110_118) is perfect, I can cordon it off easily and still
leave the rest of the northern Large Forest for the rest of the elves.

So how about it?  I keep within the lakes, and you move your elves to the
surrounding area, leaving the area between the lakes and the dragons as a no
mans land?

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com