[CF-Devel] make install doesn't install /share the good way

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Jan 21 01:41:00 CST 2004

David Delbecq wrote:

      Hi

      today i did a fresh checkout of CVS. did a autogen.sh / configure / make /

      make install like usual.

      server then complains at run time for not finding the bmaps file . I checked

      the content of <installdir>/share where it is supposed to be and i found

      this:

      $ ls -l share/

      total 92

      -rw-r--r--    1 tchize   tchize      93689 2004-01-20 15:11 treasures

      strangly poor content, isn't it.

  Update your aclocal/automake/autoconf versions.

  I just looked at mine, and it had the same problem.  I re-ran those steps, and
then it works fine.

  I'm guessing that the makefile is using functionality that is only in later
versions of aclocal/automake.  It looks like the previous person had 1.4-p6 of
aclocal.

  Don't know for sure what the minimum versions are, but I have aclocal 1.6.3,
automake 1.6.3 and autoconf 2.5.7

  I'll check in fixed versions of the makefiles.in and whatnot.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com