[CF-Devel] The 'name command

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Jun 14 00:22:33 CDT 2004

ERACC wrote:

      Greets Developer Types,

      A player was asking if DMs could change his name. Is that the purpose

      of the 'name command? If so, does it also handle changing apartment

      location names or what? I don't know the answer to his questions so I

      ask here. The 'help name is useless:

       Help about 'name'

       Change players name.

      Also, how does one use this command?

       'name' is not a valid command.

  There is no such thing as a 'name command, hence the error messages presented.

  there is a 'rename' command, but that is to give custom names to objects in
your inventory (eg, marks cool sword).  Probably more useful for objects that
have the same name but you want to differentiate (sacks and other containers
come to mind).

  There is no in game way at current time to rename players.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com