[CF-Devel] The 'name command

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Jun 14 23:14:21 CDT 2004

ERACC wrote:

      On Monday 14 June 2004 00:22

      Mark Wedel wrote:

     ERACC wrote:

     Greets Developer Types,

     A player was asking if DMs could change his name. Is that the

     purpose of the 'name command? If so, does it also handle changing

     apartment location names or what? I don't know the answer to his

     questions so I ask here. The 'help name is useless:

      Help about 'name'

      Change players name.

     Also, how does one use this command?

      'name' is not a valid command.

       There is no such thing as a 'name command, hence the error

     messages presented.

      Then why is there "help" about a command 'name? That is very odd

      don't you agree? Try it - 'help name.

  Left over help file from way back when.  That file has existed (unchanged)
since when crossfire was first put into CVS.

  I'll remove it from CVS.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com