[CF-Devel] crossfire -detach command-line option

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Jun 23 22:26:58 CDT 2004

Well, ok, the redirects and -log are redundant, but make no
difference...  except that -log doesn't trap some python
messages.

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 22:00, Kevin R. Bulgrien wrote:

      I am having a very hard time getting the crossfire to

      run as a service with a non-permissioned user while

      using the -detach option.

      The server runs when I do this:

      # su -l games

      $ /home/games/crossfire -d -log /home/games/var/log/crossfire.log

      >>/home/games/var/log/crossfire 2>&1

      This fails:

      # su -l games

      $ /home/games/crossfire -d -detach -log /home/games/var/log/crossfire.log

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com