[CF-Devel] Some bug fixes

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Mar 7 22:59:23 CST 2004

Andreas Kirschbaum wrote:

      The problem is that the maps contain few free space and large blocked

      areas. Therefore it is likely that a random position (and the nearby

      area) is blocked.

      So the fix for chests (drop them) seems ok to me. For the keys we should

      try harder (some more tries for keymaster and many tries for ground) and

      drop the key if we really can't find a free spot.

  Yep - that seems to be the better fix.  Right now, I notice it doesn't even
generate new coordinates if it can't find a keymaster monster.  It just uses the
last coordinate chosen at random, which very well could be a solid wall.

  Looking for free spots some 10 or 15 times, both for a keymaster, and then for
a free spot, is probably quite reasonable.  Some random maps are very sparse in
terms of number of monsters starting on the map, and thus could still have lots
of open space, but not many monsters to give the key to.  So better logic of
finding an free space is definately needed.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com