[CF-Devel] ideas that occurred while playing online

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat Mar 20 17:21:32 CST 2004

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Lalo Martins wrote:

      3. the new skill system messes up the gtk client level/XP

      display - it tries to render two columns, but skills with long

      names like "two handed weapons" make it rather pointless.  My

      gtk lore is a bit rusty, but I think it's possible to check if

      the string will fit... if it doesn't, dunno, maybe don't display

      a second column.  Or add an "abbreviated name" field to each

      skill, I think I could live with "2h weapons" or "weapons(2h)".

     I am working on a solution for that right now.
I have icons ready, for every skill. These are much smaller than
the skill names.
As i have not done gtk stuff before, it takes some time.

I also want to have a new server -> client  command to
send the experience->level table to the client.

Then we could skip displaying the actual experience and do things like:

[small icon] 15.75

Meaning you are level 15 and have 75% of the needed additional exp for
level 16.

To get full information one just clicks on the icon.
Then you get something like:
  woodsman:
  blah blah forest..
  blah id flesh.. food..
  blah cooking..stove
  last    : 20,000,000 (15.0)
  current : 27,512.234 (15.512)
  next    : 30,000,000 (16.0)
In the text window.

As one uses about 30 skills, I hope to manage 5 or
6 columns.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com