[CF-Devel] Item bugs.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Mar 21 15:27:19 CST 2004

There are two not-that-minor item bugs in the game, which should be fixed
pretty soon I think, for they break up equilibrium pretty much.
One is Ring of Occidental Mages.
Applying-unapplying several times causes it to go cursed. But that's not
the problem. The problem is that whenever you do this with it, the ring
get a random +1 Int, Con or Dex bonus! And you can do it multiple time, by
uncursing the Ring. Not even it's item power changes. Currently I've got
this:

That is ring of Occidental Mages * (worn) (item_power
+7)(Dex+13)(Con+9)(Int+6)
It goes on your finger

Second, once I found 10 cursed Cloaks of Acid Proofing in the shop. I
uncursed one and am keepingthe rest, here is their stats:

That is cloak of Acid Proofing * (Int-2)(item_power +3)(resist acid +130)
It is made of: astolare.

They were made by a skill (smithery or woodsman, kinda strange), not by
me. Alchemy and other item creation possabilities and skills should be
revised as soon as possible! I sense other great bugs there as well. And I
presume it's way too easy to make money via these skill, tho I'm not sure
of that, for I know very few about these things.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com