[CF-Devel] Fear?

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Mar 23 13:51:49 CST 2004

On Tuesday 23 March 2004 04:40
Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Fear makes monsters run away when cast by a player.

      Now if cast on a player i think it doesn't have any effect.

Then what is the point of Gaea giving fear -100 if there is no effect
from fear on players? Why not ignore fear altogether and not have any
items that give +/- fear values? If CF is going to have fear at all
then there should be some effect from it on players based on their
race, class, deity and resistances. I would think that some player
races, like human and elf, would be susceptible to fear and some,
like dragon and troll, would be immune with others falling in there
somewhere. I see creatures using fear against players but if it is
not going to affect the player then why have creatures use it at all?
I'm quite puzzled about this.

Gene (aka poof, aka eracc)
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.4.22-28mdkenterprise i686
 13:29:25 up 24 days,  8:23,  8 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.02, 0.00

     http://www.eracc.com/

eCS, OS/2, Mandrake GNU/Linux, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com