Re: Re: [CF-Devel] server 1.6.0?

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Thu Mar 25 14:23:19 CST 2004

      It has been mentioned - and I agree - that the new skill sys is

      reason enough for calling it 2.0.

      Personally I would prefer to make the contributions that are

      piled up on my HD first :-) but that's me.

2.0 eh? - sure but any estimates or outstanding issues?
I have a few things to do as well which is why I would like a rough estimate to know what to focus on finishing.  My thoughts on what I would like to accomplish in decending order are:

-fix remaining issues with large image support where single image Multipart monsters leave image artifacts, and are placed behind other objects on the map. I have to take some screen shots although I am surprised no one has remarked on this) - I consider this an outstanding issue although it may be client or server issue and if it is a client issue then should not be listed here.

-Clean up old multipart arch references in maps (this would not impair a server release however it would be nice before new map tars are made)

-Tweaks to Water Goddess (can wait until actual altars are are added to the maps however)

-arch clean up re: consistant monster weights (nice but no rush)

New stuff to consider:

-variable level encounter generators
-variable level random maps

Ongoing:

-arch clean up re: joining split images and animation cleaning
-arch clean up re: consistant direction references
-arch clean up re: more smoothing templates for classic image set

-outstanding maps in development

-documentation

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com