[CF-Devel] server 1.6.0?

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri Mar 26 17:52:28 CST 2004

      Just adding my stuffs to the thread, am currently working on the sever to

      transform all

      sprintf like calls

      to snprintf version.

      This take time but this should prevent lots of memory corruptions. And while

      doing this i saw LOTS of potential bug and even possible server attacks :s

      So may i at least finish it? this will take at least 2 more weeks to finish, i

      have only time during week ends and my week ends are busy.

Great - that's the type of activity I was hoping to flush out into the
open and rough estimate to boot, thanks.
I have no say in any schedules or anything and don't even advocate one
except in the general sense to help us plan a bit.  I just want to
suggest a line between things to wrap up and things to quene up for the
next round since the 1.5.0 server package is a bit long in the tooth and
people who don't use CVS for whatever reason can't really get a crack at
playing (and testing!) much of the newer stuff.  I am really just
speaking of a new server tarball on sourceforge here (and maybe some
distro packages based off it) not anything much more profound than that.
If there is a lot of goodies and stuff people want try to include in a
2.0 release (I imagine 2.0 would want to update both server side and
client packages) this would be fine with me too.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com