[CF-Devel] Monsters not using wands/rods/horns

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed May 12 02:13:40 CDT 2004

       It may make sense to change the logic a bit - such that we don't set

      all the flags for the monster until after all the monsters treasure has

      been generated.

Yes, could be done. Didn't think of that :)

       I notice some code was lost, like checking the type of spell being

      fired and adjusting direction if it is a zero range spell.  But at a

      quick glance, it looks OK, but probably should be thoroughly tested.

Hum, i'll check my code. I copied only the last fragment, actually
firing the spell, so some checks indeed went to the trash.
What would be useful, I think, is to merge as much as the
spell/firing/... code we can so it works for both players & monsters.
(not only for this precise case, but for everything)

       Probably using the same logic makes sense, except as mentioned above,

      if there are cases where a creature is deemed too stupid yet has a hand

      or whatever.

Then we shouldn't give it the skill 'use magic item' :)

       But a lot of the problem may be that many monsters need to get updated

      treasurelists for the skills they do have.

yes, probably that too...

Nicolas

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com