[CF-Devel] Scorn Sale Shop - big world

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon May 24 11:56:14 CDT 2004

On Monday 24 May 2004 06:37
David McIlwraith wrote:

      ----- Original Message -----

      From: "ERACC" <

      eracclists at bellsouth.net

      To: <

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

      Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 1:41 PM

      Subject: [CF-Devel] Scorn Sale Shop - big world

      > Hi all,

      > I just created a shop for Scorn similar to the one in Santo

      > Dominion where players can drop items and they will stay in the

      > shop for other players to buy. I also updated world/world_105_115

      > to include this shop on the Scorn maps near the square. Hopefully

      > players will drop items in this shop instead of cluttering up the

      > square.

     [...]

      http://www.eracc.com/files/scorn_sale_shop.zip

     [...]

      This won't work. Why? Because items are left in the square so other

      players can *freely* use them - for free. Payment is completely

      beside the point.

      -archaios

I respectfully disagree. :-)

Actually, there is a large, three tile wide corridor in the store
entrance that is large enough to accommodate "free" stuff. If people
on this list will playtest it and suggest needed changes, if any, to
make it more attractive to drop items I will be glad to make the
changes.

Hmmm, I suppose I could make the corridor 5 tiles wide and add
"charity tables" in the corridor to give a hint to players to use the
corridor for "freebie" items. I think I'll do that, add a sign about
it and overwrite that file on the web site. Stay tuned ...

Gene (poof|Galahad)
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.4.22-28mdkenterprise i686
 11:44:21 up 86 days,  5:39, 12 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.05, 0.02

     http://www.eracc.com/

eCS, OS/2, Mandrake GNU/Linux, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com