[CF-Devel] Scorn Sale Shop - big world

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue May 25 01:26:32 CDT 2004

Tim Rightnour wrote:

      On 24-May-2004 Todd Mitchell wrote:

     How about including about a

     sign that says no littering or some other piece of social engeneering to

     keep the streets clean as well?

      On the mud, we had janitors who would wander the city picking up things left on

      the ground.  We set aside an areas where players could dump goods, called the

      well.  Players could just type "donate sword" and it would magically transfer

      to the well.

      Eventualy, players started killing janitors, and we replaced them with

      invulnerable gelatinous cubes.

  Right now blobs pick up everything they gather I believe.  So that code is
already in crossfire, and you could off course make them immune to everything.

  The trickier part is having them move about properly, and not wander from
where they are not suppose to (in the case of scorn, probably not an issue since
they can't use exits - could be a case in say santo dominion, but a mover could
be used for that).

  However, since blobs just pick everything up and never destroy it,eventually
they would become 'full'.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com