[CF-Devel] Death message fix

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Nov 15 13:19:01 CST 2004

Andreas Kirschbaum  wrote:

      Salathar wrote:

      > What do you think of the general idea?

      The idea is good, but the solution does not work:

I've tried the patch on localhost and gravestones are generated with
the killer's name as they were before applying the patch.

     From what I understand kill_player attempts the kill and does all the

     aftereffects (creates gravestone, teleport back to last savebed). The
function is called everytime the player should die and the everyone is
sent the death message. However an item of lifesaving will keep the
character alive and the death message should not be sent. I changed
kill_player to return 0 if the player does not die and 1 if he does.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com