[CF-Devel] Death message fix

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Nov 17 02:00:34 CST 2004

Just a few notes (without actually testing them):

      +     /* These may have been set in the player code section above */

      +     if (!skop) skop = hitter->chosen_skill;

      +     if (!skill && skop) skill=skop->skill;

These lines probably should not be moved down. (The variables are used
after the old code position but not needed for the death message.)

      +     if (op->type == PLAYER && !kill_player(op))

      +          return maxdam;

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that kill_object() should return -1 if
op was not killed.

      +      * because of an item of lifesaving or because he regenerates to zero or

      +      * positive hp before kill_player() is called in do_some_living()

This comment is valid but I think that you should try to avoid such
comments: it refers to other code (far away). Therefore it probably will
not be updated if the other code is changed.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com