[CF-Devel] Compression

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Oct 11 13:05:01 CDT 2004

I think that is an excellent idea. Perhaps using the zlib compression,
which is standard, you can send more data as quickly.
I frequently experiance lag on broadband. if Cf worked on dial up,
think how much better. Perhaps using a system library,
like libz, is better. But having compressed maps sent over is really neat.
Ben

     I was wondering if on-the-fly gzip compression could

     be added to crossfire, since much of the traffic is

     text based map data. Routienes could be pulled from

     mozilla or midnight commander to implement it.

     Thoughts? (Would speed things up for dialup users).

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com