[CF-Devel] crossfire-clients v1.7.0 and arm architecture

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Sep 8 01:25:49 CDT 2004

Bob Tanner wrote:

      Looking into the build problems on arm, comes down to the autotool stuff we

      got right now is, well, crap. :-)

      I'd like to clean it up. But it will require some big changes to the current

      autotool files (configure.in, Makefile.in, etc).

      I'd like to create a branch to make these changes. I'm looking for community

      approval.

      Prefer to branch from v1.7.0, so the target isn't changing and that is what I

      want to get working anyways.

      I'll also volunteer to merge my changes back into head once they are stable.

  I don't see any problem with that.  But I'm a bit curious, in general terms on
why it fails on arm and not other systems, since in general the autoconf stuff
should just be checking general attributes and I wouldn't think there should be
much in the client that should be platform specific.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com