[CF-Devel] Experimental crossfire-client-1.7.0 available for testing

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Sep 14 15:19:05 CDT 2004

First release of the reworked build system for the crossfire-client is
available.

If you are a debian user, put the below into your sources.list:

# Real Time custom repository
deb

     ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time

      unstable custom
deb-src

     ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time

      unstable custom

% sudo apt-get install crossfire-client-gtk (for instance)

I know the above builds, installs, and works great under debian unstable i386,
sparc, powerpc.

If you want to QA build this client to see what is borked, you can go here:

     ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time/pool/c/crossfire-client

I'd love to hear from redhat, fedora, gentoo people, since I followed gnu
standards, I'm hoping it will "just compile and work" on these distros.

Would like to hear from the other non-linux platform people too.

Like the official 1.7.0 debian release sound is not active in this package,
I'm working on that now.

--
Bob Tanner <

     tanner at mn-linux.org

     >          | Phone : (952)943-8700

     http://www.mn-linux.org,

      Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500
Key fingerprint = AB15 0BDF BCDE 4369 5B42  1973 7CF1 A709 2CC1 B288

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com