[CF-Devel] Archetypes, New maps, Idease?

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Thu Sep 30 06:19:37 CDT 2004

Recent CVS is segfaulting at the drop of a pin.
I'll have to stop development untill it works again.
The new arches are at

     https://cat2.ath.cx/crossfirearch

It is distressing that my server no longer works. I
hope the issue in the code is resolved soon (or the
code made more tolerant).

--- Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net

      On 30-Sep-2004 Mark Wedel wrote:

      >   I do wonder however on some of the potential

      strangeness - one could

      > seriously

      > ask why/how would a +1 bronze longsword of

      lythander get created for example

      > (if

      > you're going to make a magical item, start with a

      decent base weapon at

      > least).

      That assumes 2 things:

      1) that it was made recently.  Perhaps a magical

      weapon was made in days past,

      and the fact that it was magical means it has

      persisted.

      2) That it was made by a technologically advanced

      group.  Perhaps some people

      are still in the bronze age, and are still churning

      out bronze weapons.

      Perhaps orcs haven't mastered iron age technology

      yet, so the best they can do

      is spit out bronze.  (now why orcs made a sword of

      lythander is up to you...)

      ---

      Tim Rightnour <

      root at garbled.net