[CF-Devel] Experimental crossfire-client-1.7.0 available for testing

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Thu Sep 30 08:40:01 CDT 2004

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 02:34 pm, Todd Mitchell wrote:

      Bob Tanner wrote:

      >UNLike the official 1.7.0 debian release ;-) sound IS active in this

      > package, but -fully- UNTESTED.

      >Just wanted to get this out there for people to play with (Todd are you

      >reading this? :-P)

      I have been using your debian built client for a while now - it

      installed fine on my system (unstable - mostly to date) but I did notice

      it would hang after playing for a while.  I haven't had time to figure

      out if that is me or the client since I am using a *mostly* updated

      unstable system.  I'll try to capture the error with gdb if it

      persists.  I will update the client from your source and check it again

      soon (However I may be watching STARWARS with my kids over the next few

      nights).

I'll build a -dbg version so the symbols stay out there to make gdb work a
little better.

As an aside, I've found the valgrind works pretty well on stripped binaries.

These are the debian packages I have installed:

kcachegrind
valgrind
--
Bob Tanner <

     tanner at mn-linux.org

     >          | Phone : (952)943-8700

     http://www.mn-linux.org,

      Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500
Key fingerprint = AB15 0BDF BCDE 4369 5B42  1973 7CF1 A709 2CC1 B288

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com