[CF-Devel] Latest CVS falls over itself

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Thu Sep 30 14:59:04 CDT 2004

I found the problem and it is a retarded crappy stupid
decision that someone made to have the server quit
like a beginners perl program if EVERYTHING in a map
does not add up PERFECTLY: Observe (completly
retarded, now mapmakers have to walk on eggshells when
makeing maps... if this stays in the code I'm not
going to contribute any more because you don't have to
fscking CRASH the program because something wasn't as
you expected it!)... DAMN FIX THIS CODE! Maps
SHOULDN'T have to be PERRRRFECT, it's DATA YOU PARSE
IT! YOU DON'T FSCKING CRASH BECAUSE IT WAS SLIGHTLY
NOT WHAT YOU EXPECTED. Please fix what ever was
changed fast.
(this happens on any map where hp and maxhp are diff)

Monster Merchant has hp set higher than maxhp (17>10)
 Adding friendly object elf.
Monster wizard has hp set higher than maxhp (100>0)
Monster old man has hp set higher than maxhp (25>18)
 Adding friendly object electric dragon dwarf.
Monster electric dragon dwarf has hp set higher than
maxhp (1200>90)
 Adding friendly object elf.
Monster elf has hp set higher than maxhp (230>30)
Monster thugg has hp set higher than maxhp (270>250)
Monster man has hp set higher than maxhp (20>18)
Monster thugg has hp set higher than maxhp (270>250)
Monster thugg has hp set higher than maxhp (270>250)
Monster Merchant has hp set higher than maxhp (25>10)
Monster high roller wizard has hp set higher than
maxhp (52>38)
Monster elf has hp set higher than maxhp (35>30)
Segmentation fault
Press any key to continue...

--- Rick Tanner <

     leaf at real-time.com

      On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Mitch Obrian wrote:

      > Were there any recent (this week) changes that

      > destabalized the server code? I enter a map from

      save

      > bed map and boom server crashes everysingle time.

      The

      > map didn't change since it worked... the code was

      > updated tho.'

      No idea if any of the changes this week (or past

      couple of weeks) would

      cause what you are seeing. But for those interested

      in checking on what

      has changed...

      CVS checkin archive:

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com