[CF-Devel] Latest CVS falls over itself

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Thu Sep 30 21:26:11 CDT 2004

I ran the collection scripts etc. In 2 maps, one older
one newer it crashed the second the map was loaded.
This is after I reinstalled 2wice.

Perhapse it is the treasure list, if so it needs to be
more tolerant.

--- Lalo Martins <

     lalo at laranja.org

     > wrote:

      On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 09:22:38PM -0300, Lalo

      Martins wrote:

      > No, I'm 87% sure this is *NOT* the cause of the

      problem.  Did

      > you reach this conclusion after running the server

      under gdb?

      For the sake of example, I finally managed to

      reproduce the

      segfault *I* was getting a few days ago.

      If you have an arch of type SKILL (43) and no

      "skill" field (for

      example, left over from the old skill system), you

      get a

      segfault at line 74 of skill_util.c.  The log output

      would look

      exactly like what you pasted.

      You can ALMOST NEVER tell the cause of a segfault by

      log

      output.  A segfault is a major boo-hoo crash, and it

      would be a

      lot of luck to have a log message just before one.

      []s,

                                                     +----

      --

                  Those who trade freedom for security