[crossfire] Latest CVS version of java editor SERIOUSLY flawed on my system

Andreas Kirschbaum kirschbaum at myrealbox.com
Sun Apr 10 15:34:46 CDT 2005

I noticed the following by reviewing the cvs commit messages:

The MapArchObject.region field is not explicitly initialized in the
constructor. Therefore it will be initialized with null. But the method
writeMapArch has the following code in it:

             if (region.length() > 0)

                 stream.write("region "+region+"\n");

That could probably cause a NullPointerException when saving the map, thus
leaving behind a incompletely written file.

Therefore, the proposed patch seem good to me. But I'd rather write

          private String region = "";           // the region the

instead of

          private String region = new String(); // the region the